The project aims to trap rubbish in the stormwater network before it reaches Joondalup Resort.
To design and implement trash screens and access lids to be installed within the concrete tank.
This pollutant trap required reinforced concrete elements, pollutant racks, all fittings, lids and access points. The project also required a maintenance plan for the ongoing maintenance and cleaning of the structure post installation
Works completed during the Gross Pollutant Tank included:
- Subgrade preparation, removal and disposal of excess material.
- Redirecting the flow of water to ensure the construction of the pollutant trap was not affected.
- Formwork of the base slab and walls using reinforced bars and mesh.
- Backfill / compact sand around the pollutant trap.
- Installation of pollutant racks and lids.
- Tidy up of site to ensure lids are flush with the finish surface