Castle Civil upgraded a major drainage system beside one of the busiest roads in WA.
With 60 000 vehicles using the Roe Highway every day, this project presented some scheduling challenges. Road works had to be carried out at night and on the weekend to minimise the disruption to road users.
Works completed during the Roe Highway duplication included:
- Installation of 2.9km of drainage pipelines comprising of 300, 375, 450, and 600mm RCP
- Construction of 86 drainage structures including:
- Side entry pits
- Manhole types TWN, SWN, DRN
- Gullie types T6T, S6T
- Installation of 2x Humeceptors 7m deep
- Removal of existing Roe Highway drainage structures and altering manholes to 1200 and 1500mm diameter
- Installation of rock pitching to catch pit surrounds and headwell outlet