Contracted by the Housing Authority, Castle Civil developed a site with challenging topography and geology into eight Class A blocks.
The site had a 12° slope and a large deposit of limestone, which made pipe and foundation work difficult. We broke down and removed the limestone, while conducting noise and vibration monitoring, before completing the project ahead of schedule and within budget.
Works completed during this project included:
- Clearing and disposal of existing top soil, vegetation, and rubbish
- Existing services located and potholed
- Filling, compaction, and testing in 300mm layers
- Installation of water, power, and telecommunication services
- Construction of limestone retaining wall footings
- Construction of limestone block retaining walls
- Rock breaking and bulk excavation of limestone rock
- Construction of an 8 metre high noise wall
- Installation of boundary lot fencing
- Hydro seed mulching